Monday, January 26, 2009

BIG FISH EATS SMALL FISH



If you had been following the news on TV or paper, you'd know that Pfizer, the world's biggest pharmaceutical company has acquired my company, Wyeth earlier today! You can easily find news about this by just googling "Pfizer" and "Wyeth", or either one.


This is my company's new owner...



What a start to a new Chinese New Year, the first day of the Lunar New Year.


A zillion questions zoom in and out of my head relentlessly...


Will I be laid off? Retrenched?


Who's going to be retrenched?


How are my colleagues taking it?


Will I be offerred a position by Pfizer?


Will Pfizer retain the Nutrition Division, consisting of only 7.5% of the total Wyeth business?


If Pfizer mentioned in the press that they will retain Fort Dodge Animal Health Division, which is less than 5% of the total Wyeth business, won't they retain the Nutrition Division as well?


Am I going to get another new boss?


Should I make backup plans?


Is God asking me to go to US earlier?


If they retrench me, will they pay me compensation or retrenchment benefits?


How come I'm not worried?


Is this a joke?


Am I dreaming?


Why on the first day of the Chinese New Year?


Don't they have any life?



Oh well... there'll be a company-wide teleconference at 3 pm tomorrow, so I'll just wait and hear what will happen to me and the Nutrition Division in the next few days or weeks. Stay tuned!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Inge' said...

John,
I saw this on the news today. I did not know that your company was involved. I will be praying for you during this transition. I know how nerve racking it can be.

I do know that whatever happens, it will be what is best for you in God's eyes.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:19:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

God will see you through no matter what the company decides. If it means coming to the US earlier, then you will do that.
All will work out for the best for you. God will see to that!
I shall keep you in my prayers. Hang in there, John!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:23:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been thru the same thing twice..first time....not so good....dusted myself off and started back down the road.....second time I made it thru unscathed.......you can too
darrel
www.whydepression.info

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:35:00 PM  
Blogger Ron said...

My company is going thru something similar, except we're the big fish trying to buy the small fish, what a headache! Hang in there, bro...everything will be fine.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Thank you so much, my Friends :) I am so touched by your encouragement and kind words :)

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:08:00 AM  
Blogger MysLykeMeeh said...

aww--- i've read ur blog from bottom to top--so i don't know what's going on?

Did u get a new boss? Hmnn...well, the reason why ur not worried maybe because--u anticipated what happened to the world today--and that possibly will affect everybody including me---

Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:57:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Thanks for dropping by here, Mys Lyke Meeh :)

Friday, January 30, 2009 1:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home